To Serve Notice in Family Court Cases

"Service" means giving legally required notice to other parties that you have filed papers that may result in a court order that may affect them. The court papers can ONLY be delivered in a manner permitted by law, and proof of proper delivery must be filed with the court.You may use the forms and instructions in this packet if...You understand that your case cannot proceed until you have provided proof to the court that notice has been given in a manner permitted by law.You understand that the law does NOT permit you (or a friend or relative) to hand-deliver the papers to the other party unless he or she (and no one else) will sign an "Acceptance of Service" form in front of a Notary or Clerk of the Superior Court, and return the form for you to file with the Court.